HOME | DISCOVER HOI | MINISTRIES | HONDURAS | AGRICULTURE
The Agriculture Program provides families with training and technology to improve their food production capacity. The program works by:
- Training local farmers and cattlemen in artificial insemination, silage production, animal husbandry, and sustainable gardening
- Helping communities increase their household income, and establish and run profitable farms
- Providing on-going support to local cooperatives, such as the Small Cattlemen’s Association and the Agalta Valley Milk Producers Association
- Bringing water irrigation to families through established alliances
- Providing animal care and education to communities through veterinary mission teams
- Offering internship training to local high school students interested in pursuing agricultural careers.
The majority of the people in the Agalta Valley provide for their families through farming and raising animals. You can make a difference by supporting this program and allowing us to continue this work. To donate, please click here.