Job Opening: Education Coordinator
HOI is a Christ-centered mission organization working alongside people of developing countries who desire to implement sustainable development partnerships. We organize mission trips to Honduras and Nicaragua.
Our vision is to create life-changing relationships between the people of developing countries and North Americans, while promoting community-directed and integrated spiritual, physical, educational and economic development of men, women and children in the developing world through the promotion of dignity, mutual cooperation and self-sufficiency.
The primary activity of this position is the coordination of the Education Scholarship Program. Additional administrative office duties will also be required. Applicant must be a follower of the Christian faith.
Part-time position. 10 – 12 hrs./week. $12/hr.
Education Scholarship Program:
- Maintain a database of education sponsors and their students, payments, etc.
- Assign students to new sponsors and make initial contact with sponsor with information about student, program guidelines, etc.
- Communicate with sponsors about updates to the program, renewal of scholarship, letters/pictures from students, etc.
- Communicate with Education Coordinator in Honduras about program and student updates.
- Communicate with staff in U.S. office to keep updated sponsor records, status of scholarship needs, pictures of students for website and arrange for sponsors to meet with their student in Honduras
- Assist in the promotion of the Education scholarship program through newsletters, mail outs, emails, etc.
- General administrative and clerical office support: assist with mailings, filing, ordering of office supplies, etc.
- Assist with fundraising events.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Customer service orientation
- Experienced in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel
- Excellent at multi-tasking
- Spanish language skills a plus
Applicants may submit a resume and cover letter to:
Louis Deas, firstname.lastname@example.org
1990 Lakeside Parkway
Tucker, Georgia 30084