It’s July and we’re officially into the second half of 2016! We’ve made a lot of progress together these first six months and it’s shaping up to be a great year. We’ve remained consistent with our goal to strengthen communities through long-term partnerships and have worked with dozens of villages to impact hundreds of lives. The work that we do is truly transformational and can only be accomplished through our wonderful partners in Central America and the United States.
- 750 water filters constructed and installed in homes in Honduras and Nicaragua
- 296 Pathway education sponsorships for the students in our schools
- 47 students traveled to Young Life Camp this summer
- 42 teams from across the U.S.have traveled to Honduras and Nicaragua to make a long term impact in Central American communities
- 31 of the students that attended the Young Life Camp gave their life to Christ
- 9 Ranch interns have volunteered their summer to make an impact for Honduras
- 4 formal corporate and community partnerships in Choluteca (CHOC, LUFUSSA, Agrolibano Foundation, & Chorotega Foundation)
- 2 new small businesses opened in the Agalta Valley
- 1 fully functioning silage production system to feed the ranch cattle and increase profitability
- 0 cases of infant mortality reported in our areas of service
These are just a few of the highlights of the work that our teams and our Honduran community partners have brought about together – not to mention the countless cement floors that have been poured to prevent health issues, eco-stoves and eco-ovens that have been created to prevent dramatic indoor smoke inhalation, the hundreds of patients that have been seen at the HOI clinic and in local villages, and the prayer visits happening with our team members in communities every week.
- – Important and exciting education announcement to be made!
- -“Greater Things” Campaign announcement
- – Annual Golf Tournament scheduled for Monday, September 12, 2016. Get your team together!
- – The annual HOI Celebration of Ministry will be held on October 20, 2016. Go ahead and make plans to be there.
Thank you for being a valued partner of HOI and we look forward to working with you in latter half of 2016!