President Hernandez Talks Business and Partnership for Honduras
While in Atlanta to deliver the keynote address at HOI’s 25 Year Anniversary Celebration, President Juan Orlando Hernandez and his wife, First Lady Ana Garcia, along with several cabinet level ministers, made the most of their time building bridges to the local business and healthcare communities. President Hernandez’s busy schedule included:
• Speaking at a business breakfast hosted by Chairman Ernest Greer and the Georgia Chamber of Commerce.
• Holding a private meeting with President Jimmy Carter and his staff at the Carter Center.
• Delivering a vision of the future Honduras to an energized crowd of over 300 at Chick-fil-A Headquarters, hosted by CFA Foundation president, Rodney Bullard, and President Charles Gillespie of the World Affairs Council.
• Meeting Delta Airlines president, Ed Bastian, and his wife Anna, at Delta headquarters.
• Discussing future projects with Coca-Cola International president, Ahmet Bozer, and Latin American president, Mr. Brian Smith, at the Coca-Cola Headquarters.
Following his address, President Hernandez bestowed a great honor upon HOI by awarding the organization the highest honor the Republic of Honduras can bestow, the Francisco Morazan Award, named after the founder of the country. On behalf of all the HOI employees, volunteers, and supporters who have worked so diligently over the past 25 years to make a difference in Honduras in the name of Christ, the award was accepted by HOI Honduras Director Jose Mondragon and HOI CEO Jerry Eickhoff.