Short-Term Missions Program Coordinator
HOI is a Christ-centered mission organization working alongside people of developing countries who desire to implement sustainable development partnerships. We organize mission trips to Honduras and Nicaragua.
Our vision is to create life-changing relationships between the people of developing countries and North Americans, while promoting community-directed and integrated spiritual, physical, educational and economic development of men, women and children in the developing world through the promotion of dignity, mutual cooperation and self-sufficiency.
HOI is expanding its U.S. staff to handle the increase in mission team travel, as it partners with new locations in Central America. The Short Term Missions Program Coordinator acts as a liaison for the mission teams traveling to HOI’s Rancho el Paraiso location in Honduras and the HOI Ranch staff. This is a full-time position.
• Schedule and coordinate trips with Mission Teams for a one (or two) week mission experience at Rancho el Paraiso, Honduras
• Serve as liaison between staff in Honduras, staff in the US and the North American mission teams and their leaders.
• Maintain calendar for mission trips.
• Prepare, update and distribute Mission Team Manuals to each scheduled group.
• Engage, encourage and educate teams and churches about Community Development participation (partnering with host villages) and communicate the use of these funds to the partnering groups.
• Collect and maintain records of the following for each mission team:
a. Trip deposits
b. Team’s trip payments
c. Required Paperwork by each team member
d. Team’s / Churches’ participation in Community Development Partnership
e. Team funds to be wired to Honduras (prepare expense work sheet for Accountant)
f. Advise Honduras staff on team funds available for mission week and work assignments
• Collaborate with staff in Honduras
a. Group staff—Making arrangements and preplanning for in-coming teams; Reconciling expenses at the conclusion of a group’s visit; Managing special activities, problems, concerns involving teams
b. Community Development staff—Working in conjunction with Group Staff to plan and review work assignments, funding and other activities for mission teams
c. Medical—Collaborating with Group Staff and Ranch physician to provide credentials, logistics, and work plans for North American medical personnel who wish to treat Hondurans during a one or two week visit, compiling medicines which teams bring for donation, and advising of health issues of visiting team members
d. Education staff—Coordinating to enable visiting scholarship donors to meet student recipients
e. Spiritual life—Coordinating with Ranch pastor on projects and donations of visiting teams as well as teams’ plans for participation in home visits.
f. Agriculture—Collaborating with Group Staff and Ag director to arrange credentials, work plans, paperwork for veterinary drugs and other logistics prior to in-coming veterinary teams for one or two week visits
• Interact with North American board members / mentors to program directors as needed with regards to group activities, e.g. involve Agriculture mentor with vet medicine importation.
• Communicate with the HOI Executive Director on any potential teams interested in a mission trip or donors, for follow up by the Director.
• Maintain files of “Gifts in Kind” of medicines, veterinary drugs and educational materials for annual audit
• Assist other staff with major fundraising events, mailouts, etc.
• Follower of the Christian faith
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
• Excellent at multi-tasking
• Great interpersonal skills
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred but not required
• Strong writing skills
• Able to work well within a team
• Self-motivated and willing to take initiative
• Willing to travel to Honduras and Nicaragua occasionally
• Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Some work experience necessary
Applicants may submit their resume to:
Laurie Willing, Executive Director
1990 Lakeside Parkway
Tucker, Georgia 30084