So many of you have responded to our call for education sponsors this year. We appreciate you! However, we still have some 7th graders that could use your support. Will you be the one that helps improve a student’s life today? Click here >>> https://hoi.childsponsorshipservices.org/home
This is the joy and “esperanza” of Christmas, a blessed miracle of the highest order.
In the case of HOI, the appearance of the heavenly hosts wasn’t so “sudden” but they appeared nonetheless, over a period of many years, and for that we are thankful. I saw a quote stating that special education teachers are angels disguised as extraordinary human beings. I believe this to be true, and the same can be said for all those who are dedicated servants of so many ministries like HOI.
2015 has been a year of remarkable advances in the lives of thousands of people in Honduras and Nicaragua, thanks be to God. The staff and partners of HOI are feeling great humility and appreciation for all of you who were a part of making these life-changing efforts a reality.
In Light of these blessings we’ve all received, I want to reflect on the year by highlighting a few, just a few, of the many supporters who have been the angels disguised as extraordinary humans. Knowing it is dangerous to mention only a few because there are so many, gratitude to ALL compels me to take the risk of omission. I decided to identify a few sources of God’s love for our ministry and those we partner with in the villages of Honduras and Nicaragua. Our heartfelt thanks to:
• The graciousness of the people of Nicaragua and Honduras for accepting us into their homes and hearts as we struggle to discern and follow God’s will.
• The dozens of church partners and the over 1000 mission team members who are on point, on the ground, touching thousands of lives.
• All of our HOI staff members who are dedicated to spreading the light and hope of the Good News, and to helping create a path to improved health, education, and prosperity for all they encounter.
• Our quality partners: in Nicaragua, Comunidad Connect; and in Honduras, Agrolibano Foundation, LUFUSSA, and our new partner Chorotega Foundation.
• Our partnership with Young Life in Honduras, and our fantastic ministry team of Dani and Michael. What a blessing are they!
• The donors, supporters, sponsors, and participants of our events and special fundraising efforts.
• Our mentor and benevolent partner GlobalX.
• The HAVE Foundation and the Wilderness Team, our generous Education partners.
• The Peugot Center for Engineering Service at the Lipscomb University, for providing the wonderful 104 foot long pedestrian bridge that unites our two school campuses over a busy highway.
• Our specialty teams of health care and dental professionals and veterinarians who administer healing services to people and animals alike to improve the overall health of the communities.
• The musicians, dance instructors, and artists who expand the horizons of the youth and adults they encounter.
• The team of investors who provided our new tractor and farm implements to allow for expanded agriculture production improving our sustainability.
• The leadership of our HOI Chairman Scott Luttrell (I’ll hear about this, but I rarely get to publically thank our Board) and the entire team of former and current Board Members of HOI for their unbounded generosity and investment of time and talent.
We reflect on the year with hearts full of gratitude for everyone who has prayed, supported, traveled and invested with us. Thank you and God bless you all.
Reading opens the door to a child’s imagination and helps them create a vision for their future.
Thanks to a donation from Decatur First UMC and the H.A.V.E. Foundation, students in our schools and in the village of Coronado have access to an even wider variety of books to read and explore.
Thanks to our friends at Coca Cola and the HAVE Foundation, we now have a scoreboard for the new Vince Dooley Soccer Field. We appreciate the donation and the Agalta Valley community appreciates it as well!
You are invited to join Vince and Barbara Dooley along with guests and several Georgia Bulldog Football Legends to dedicate Dooley Field and celebrate the Dooley’s ongoing commitment to the children of the Agalta Valley in Honduras. This year Vince and Barbara plan to return to the Agalta Valley for a dedication of Vince Dooley Field along with celebrating their 55th wedding anniversary. The soccer field that will be between the hedges will be a great addition to the campus that HOI has built. FIFA along with Coca-Cola has kindly provided regulation goals and equipment along with a scoreboard to enhance the programs HAVE Foundation has made available to the school and the people of the remote department of Olancho in Honduras.
Date: Thursday, January 22, 2015
Time: 7:00 pm
Location: Buckhead Theatre
3110 Roswell Road NW
Atlanta, GA 30305
For registration forms please visit: www.havefoundation.org/events